If you are like most homeowners, you have seen the ads for a robotic vacuum like the iRobot Roomba and want to purchase one. For many people, though, the price tag of a new Roomba vacuum is enough to make you pause and wonder if it’s really something you need. After all, you can do your own vacuuming, right? As you’re wondering about it, millions of people have already tried one and discovered that they never want to vacuum the old fashioned way again.
What is a Robotic Vacuum?
These vacuums first hit the market in the mid-1990s but didn’t gain popularity until the early 2000s when Roomba was introduced. They are small and round and are programmed to automatically clean hard floors and carpet without the need for human intervention. Sensors steer it around a room or open area, and it sweeps up everything from dust and dirt to pet hair and more; many can even find their way back to a docking station to charge once the cleaning is finished and are easily controlled with a smartphone app. Today there are several brands to choose from, but the most popular remains the Roomba from iRobot.
Benefits of a Robotic Vacuum
There are many reasons that people consider buying a robotic vacuum, including:
- Time savings: the robotic vacuum can clean your entire home while you are busy with other things, or even while you are away from home
- Mobility: vacuuming the floors can be a difficult physical task, and can be impossible for someone with mobility challenges
- Advanced technology: many of today’s models offer advanced features like sensors that detect floor surface changes, large dust bags for multiple cleanings, self-docking for charging, and “virtual” walls that keep it from entering certain spaces
- Continual cleaning: if vacuuming the floors every day doesn’t sound like your idea of a good time, the robotic vacuum can do it for you; this is especially ideal for large homes, homes with a lot of wood or laminate flooring that collects dust, or homes with pets that leave hair all over the place
- Vacuum everywhere: the Roomba is so small it can fit virtually anywhere in your home, even under furniture and beds where your traditional vacuum doesn’t fit
- Beyond vacuuming: there are also models today that mop and sanitize floors, so you can get exceptionally clean floors without ever lifting a finger
Check out our iRobot line of vacuums, and our options for simple payment plans that allow you to get the benefits of a robotic vacuum at a price that fits in your budget.